Labels can be added to any row.
Define the default features of a newly created label with the Labels options dialog:
Menu: Diagram | Label options
Any of these options can be further customized on a per-label basis.
For a consistent look, you can change the font and color of ALL existing labels in a diagram, by clicking on the "Apply font to all existing labels" button.
Labels within a row are managed through a dialog box, listing all the row's labels, and allowing you to add, edit, duplicate, copy, paste or delete a label. A label's tab shows the unit at which it is positioned.
When a row is deleted, all the labels that belong to it are deleted too.
To manage the labels of a row, you need to select the row first (either by clicking on its name, or by pressing the S key and navigating to the row with the Up/Down/Home/End keys).
Then, do one of the following:
- Use a keyboard shortcut: L
- Press the Labels toolbar button
- Use the main menu: Row | Labels ...
- Use the row's context menu: While the mouse hovers over the row name, right click, and select "Labels ..."
You can then edit each label with the following options:
Select whether to Show a label, its font and Background color (if not Transparent).
A label can be aligned around the center of its unit:
Offset sign follows the directions of the X/Y axis (i.e. positive horizontal offset is to the right, and positive vertical offset is downward).
A label can be rotated around its middle by +-90 degrees. Only text using a True Type font can be rotated.
A label can be placed to the left of a row name, if the left side of the frame around the drawing area is wide enough (adjust it in the Diagram | General options dialog). See example below.
Label text can include superscript and subscript portions, e.g.:
a""n"" and t..RC..
Superscript text is surrounded by a pair of quotation marks, and subscript text is surrounded by a pair of dots.
Copy/Paste a label
To copy a label:
1. In the label management dialog, click on the tab of the label you wish to copy. This will show the label's information.
2. Press the Copy button. This will copy the label's information onto the clipboard.
To paste a label:
After you have copied a label,
- You can paste that label into the same row it came from, by pressing the Paste button. This has the same effect as pressing the Duplicate button.
- Or more interestingly, to paste the label into a different row, either in the same diagram or in another diagram, open the destination row's label management dialog, and press the Paste button there.
The copy/paste operation uses the computer's clipboard to store the copied label.